This week I made a trip to my Dad's place to pay my respects on the passing of my step-mother. She'd been ill for some time. As most of you know, I don't regularly visit them. So, it had been some time since I'd seen my Dad.
A few notes...
-we have more DVDs (and a list of other traits/objects) in common than even I expected.
-When he's nervous he chatters on a lot more than I remembered. Completely unlike me, of course.
-After a lifetime of being ribbed about premature balding, he has- at 72- much more (and darker) hair than me or my brother.
All other recognitions and awarenesses can just be taken as read.

2 comments:
So here's question. Did you enjoy any of it? Did he? Sometimes a relationship that cannot work in one time period can work in another. It would anyway make for a great short story. There would be a waitress and I am imagining her as Kate Winslet
I'm all for Kate Winslet, though I think she would find north central Arkansas fairly terrifying.
But, we managed to have a day. I think there were recognitions all around. Some moves toward being comfortable at points.
As always, it's complicated. Or not. But seems so.
Post a Comment