Saturday, January 10, 2015

On a gloomy, wet, cold weekend

We, of course, decided to watch a Welsh series about a gloomy, wet, cold country. If you haven't Y Gwyll, or-as it is known on Netflix- Hinterland, it is worth a viewing. I mean, sure, it's dark and depressing. But it is set in Wales and is the product of an initiative to develop more Welsh Language programming. So, the original version is entirely in Welsh. The version on Netflix is English, but I think you can get it with the original audio.
heard of

There are so far no appearances by Dylan Thomas or Gareth Bale. Or Prince Charles.

2 comments:

Murfmensch said...

Did they just re-do it in English. In the twenties, lots of German films were re-shot in other languages by the same cast on the same day.

That just sounds good to me.

TP said...

I think that's how they did it. The Welsh version was out first, then a couple of months later the bi-lingual version. Heavy Welsh accents for most folks but in English. I'd guess it was same day shooting in multiple languages. Could have been dubbing but it seems unlikely.